Are you feeling disconnected, ignored, or unsupported in your relationship? Do you find yourself being defensive in your communication, or do you notice your partner shutting down and withdrawing? Despite the love you have for each other, do you feel like you’re stuck and unsure how to move forward? Perhaps you’ve noticed a pattern of blaming each other, leaving you feeling frustrated, anxious, and desperate to reconnect. If this sounds familiar, know that you’re not alone, and that there is hope for creating positive change in your relationship.
Signs and symptoms of a relationship that’s in distress:
- A breakdown in communication. This can manifest as a lack of open and honest conversation, misunderstandings, or arguments that never get resolved.
- Feeling emotionally disconnected. This can happen when one or both partners stop sharing their thoughts and feelings, or when they start to feel like strangers to each other.
- A decrease in physical intimacy, such as a lack of sex or affection.
- A sense that you are growing apart, rather than growing together. This can manifest as a lack of shared interests or goals, or a sense of distance and disconnection between partners.
- More frequent arguing or fighting, usually due to differences in values, beliefs, or priorities. It may be a sign that one or both partners are feeling neglected or unfulfilled.
- Jealousy, suspicion, or a lack of faith in your partner.
If these issues are left unaddressed, they can lead to more serious problems down the road.
You CAN have a relationship where you can grow together.
It’s important to note that these signs and symptoms do not necessarily mean that a relationship is doomed to fail. With effort and commitment, couples can often work through their issues and strengthen their bond.
I can help you to:
improve communication to increase understanding of each other and de-escalate conflicts.
explore attachment styles and uncover how past experiences in childhood are playing out in your current relationship today.
shift focus away from flaws and blame to the discovery of one’s own emotional unmet needs.
reduce defensive and practice being more open and vulnerable with your partner.
gain skills to get you and your partner out of the distress and conflict cycles you find yourself in.
feel connected again!
Through empathetic listening, understanding, and evidence-based techniques, I can help you to explore the patterns that are causing disconnection and work towards creating positive change. as well as develop new communication skills and coping strategies that will allow you to rebuild trust and reconnect with your partner.
You don’t have to go through this alone. If you’re ready to take the first step towards a happier, healthier relationship, I’m here to support you every step of the way.