Do you struggle with feeling like you’re not good enough for your job? Are you struggling to find passion in your work and feel like it’s affecting your performance? Is your job too demanding, and is it negatively impacting your personal life?
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re experiencing some symptoms of career distress. You may be feeling unmotivated or unfulfilled in your job, or struggling to find a sense of purpose and direction in your career. Perhaps you’re feeling overwhelmed, burned out, or stuck in a dead-end job or career path. Whatever it is you’re going through, know that you’re not alone.
If you are experiencing career issues you may have a range of thoughts and feelings contributing to your emotional distress, including:
- Anxiety or worry about job security, advancement opportunities, or meeting performance expectations.
- Lack of confidence in your abilities or skills despite feedback that you are doing well.
- Overwhelm or burnout from high job demands.
- Disconnection to your job or feeling unfulfilled in your work.
- Guilt or shame for not meeting personal, family, or societal expectations for your career.
- Difficulties relating well to superiors and colleagues.
- Doubt or confusion about your career goals or direction.
- Feeling inferior or inadequate in comparison to other successful professionals in your field.
These thoughts and feelings can contribute to your stress, affect your mood, and impact your ability to perform effectively in your job or pursue your career goals.
You can have a fulfilling career, perform effectively, and pursue your passions.
I can help you to:
- identify and challenge negative self-talk and limiting beliefs about yourself as a professional.
- process and move past feelings of self-blame or guilt regarding your career.
- develop a sense of control over your career path and empower you to make positive changes.
- Build your self-confidence and overcome fears of judgement or rejection from colleagues or superiors.
- identify your career values and align them with your job responsibilities to increase job satisfaction and fulfillment.
- develop assertiveness skills to communicate your needs and concerns with colleagues or superiors.
- create a plan that helps you have better work-life balance.
As your therapist, I can help you work through these feelings and find a way forward. Together, we’ll explore what’s most important to you and clarify your values and goals. We’ll look at any patterns or barriers that may be keeping you stuck and develop coping strategies to manage stress, anxiety, and negative emotions related to your career.
Ready to achieve your career goals and improve your emotional well-being? Contact me today.