Anxiety and Stress
Anxiety is chatter in the background of your mind, interfering with the best life you can have. Your stress is interfering with the coping skills you already have. Anxiety and stress can be debilitating, impairing your life in many ways. Signs and symptoms of stress and anxiety are:
- Feeling tension in your body as well as other physiological symptoms when stressed: sweating, trembling, rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, muscle tension, headache, fatigue, and upset stomach.
- Persistent worrying or obsessing about daily problems, and constant fear of worst-case scenarios.
- Difficulty concentrating, poor focus, and feeling fidgety and restless.
- Avoiding certain situations or activities, and withdrawing from social interactions.
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, restless or fitful sleep, and nightmares.
You can quiet that inner chatter to live a calmer, more peaceful life.
Your emotional reaction is closely tied into your cognitive assessment of whether you can cope with the situation. How you think about your situation will make all the difference in how stressed and anxious you are.
I can help you to:
- identify and understand the triggers of your anxiety.
- rediscover the strengths you may have forgotten about so you can approach challenges with resiliency.
- improve your sleep habits.
- change negative thought patterns and beliefs that contribute to your feelings of anxiety.
- develop a relaxation technique such as deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, or mindfulness.
- develop your capacities for self-reassurance when anxious.
Ultimately, I work to provide that safe space for you to feel less overwhelmed and more in control of your life and feel more confident in your ability to handle stressful situations. I work from a resiliency approach where we tap into your strengths and create actionable steps to help reduce the amount of stress in your life.
When stress reaches your breaking point, let’s reduce that overwhelm. Let’s talk about how I can help you get a dose of calm in your life.