If you’ve experienced a traumatic event you might have asked yourself “Will I ever feel like I used to before?” and “How do I get past this?” Maybe you’ve lived with a trauma for decades and it feels like it has eroded your sense of safety and trust in the world. You may even have a reduced sense of self- worth. Maybe the trauma is more recent and you are just beginning to grapple with what has happened to you.
To recover from trauma, you want therapy that is designed to help you:
- Recall the past without feeling overwhelmed or filled with negative thoughts
- Experience a whole range of daily emotions and still maintain self-control
- Explore and resolve issues related to the trauma
- Reduce anxiety and depression by improving coping skills
- Spend less time each day preoccupied with the trauma
- Do self-care activities for your body
I support those who have experienced trauma to transition from being victims, to survivors, to thriving individuals. Telling your story helps you to recognize you are so much more than what has happened to you.
You are not alone. Call or email for support today.