This page is about me AND it’s about you and your teen.
You know your teen, and you know when she’s hurting. Do any of the following statements sound like your teen:
- She seems so stressed out by everything in her life.
- She has a lot of anxiety about school, friends, her future, the family…it’s a lot!
- She gets down on herself all the time. She always says “I can’t do it.” Or “I’m not good enough.”
- She has to deal with a lot of peer drama at school and on social media.
- She’s a perfectionist. She gets really frustrated when things don’t go her way or when things are “not right” or “unfair.”
As a parent, you have an understanding of the problems you are seeing. You’re looking for a professional that offers a safe place for your teen to vent her feelings and work through these challenges. You’re looking for help now, because you’ve been noticing your daughter has been stressed out for some time. Maybe you have a sense of what’s going on and you’ve tried the strategies that you know would work for you. But yet for some reason your daughter isn’t feeling better. In fact, life just seems to be feeling worse for her.
HOW I CAN HELP YOUR TEEN
I can help your daughter:
- gain the ability to cope with stress without the meltdowns, shut downs, or blow ups.
- feel proud and confident of herself and her abilities.
- learn to express her feelings in a way in which you can understand and help.
CHALLENGES I TREAT
I have over 8 years of experience working with children and teens. The challenges I most frequently treat are teens with:
- Behavioral difficulties like defiance, and anger outbursts
- Challenges with low self-esteem, depression or chronic moodiness
- Perfectionism and “loud inner critics”
- Peer issues with making or keeping friends as well as “peer drama”
- Chronic worrying, anxiety, and panic attacks
Every child is different and my philosophy is that your daughter has unique strengths that make up who she is. Those are the strengths we build upon to help your child make changes. I am here to partner with you to help your child grow, develop, and thrive.
MORE ABOUT ME
Helping families is my life’s work. My first job was as a preschool teacher, working alongside my mom (yep, she made me volunteer, and who knew, I loved it!). I loved assisting children understand the complicated world, and help their self-esteem blossom.
I knew I wanted to have the skills to work with families on developing their child’s mental health and emotional well being. I went to school to become a clinical social worker/therapist, which means I get to engage children and teens with therapeutic strategies that support transformation into thriving beings.
Over the last 10 years I have interned or worked as a therapist in schools helping kids develop the skills to have a successful school day, and in inpatient psychiatric hospitals helping teens come back from their darkest depression and most debilitating anxiety.
Eventually, I opened my own business where I can focus on my passion—whole-family emotional wellness, with a specialization in teens and parenting.
I have a special love for helping high performing teens confidently find their direction in life, as well as focusing on healthy and effective mother-daughter communication.
If you have any other questions about me I’m an open book and you can always call or message me to ask!
Let’s talk about helping your teen