School is hard! Your child is constantly challenging his or her brain to take in new information, learn right from wrong, practice being a good friend, and try to manage a variety of feelings without acting out. It’s normal for your child to need extra guidance and support at school.
If your concerns sound like these…
- My child’s grades have gone downhill recently and I don’t know what to do. She’s a bright child.
- It’s a nightly battle to get my child to do his homework. I feel like giving up!
- Every morning is a challenge; my child seems to delay getting ready for school on purpose and even says “I hate school.”
- My kid is coming home with bad behavioral reports several times a week. I want him to succeed in school but he’s really struggling.
- I’m concerned my child is becoming a playground bully. How can I help him to be more friendly?
…you and your child deserve school support.
How can you help my child?
You want your child to be successful at school. Therapy can help support your child’s school success. Some skills your child will gain in therapy that will help support success at school are:
- Social skills
- Attention and focusing skills
- Communication skills
- Tolerating frustration
You’re looking for a positive partnership with the school and you want to work together as a team to help your child. You need a therapist who will collaborate with your child’s school. I can connect with teachers and school personnel to bridge that gap. Some of the ways in which I can do that:
- Participate in Individual Education Plan meetings
- Phone calls with teachers
- Coordinate services with school counselors
My presence can help facilitate the mutual goals both you and your child’s teachers have. And because you shouldn’t have to choose between your child’s mental health and other important financial obligations, this service is offered with no additional cost to you.
What about other members of my child’s team?
Yes I can collaborate with your child’s OT, PT, speech therapist, psychiatrist, pediatrician, or Inland Regional Center support team.