Depression has a tendency to tell stories about you. It makes you think you’re no good, not capable, and that this is the way things will always be. You might have said to your self
- Why did this happen to me?
- Why am I so sad?
- Why do I always react this way?
- What does this mean about me?
- What am I doing to deserve this?
- Why can’t I handle things better?
- Why do I feel so bad?
- What will others think of me?
Therapy can help change your thoughts from “Why is this happening” to “What can I do about it?”
Therapy can help provide:
- Motivation, small steps with the focus on competence not necessarily completion.
- Skills to help manage the sadness so it’s more tolerable and then add in
- skills to help alleviate the sadness so it’s happening less often.
- Learn self-talk that’s helps you, not beats you up.
- Reward yourself for taking the step, not the outcome.
Depression is exhausting! If you’re ready to change your thoughts to shed yourself from the depression, I can help you through that process. Call or email me for support today.